Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Crazy post for a crazy 7"


Crazy ebay 7" listing of the week.

This listing came to my attention first because of the amazing use of ascii in this listing and the description. Secondly where the fuck is kennaquhair?
First of all I'm a little skeptical when in huge letters, it says No Paypal!. I understand they add some charges to the transaction, but as a buyer, especially with something like this that I'm sure is very real, it just makes me wonder. Why would they hate paypal so much? And then how am I going to pay for this? Money order, or check? So you can get all my routing info? No thanks.

PLEASE NOTICE : i've SUPERIMPOSED "UUKNO"

to help prevent others from easily "borrowing" this image~ it's NOT on the ITEM.


Next comes the UUKNO puzzle. What could that possibly stand for and who is going to 'steal' this image? I'm sensing some paranoia at work...this doesn't look like a record store listing, so I'm curious how long this has sat on a shelf. Note the amazing use of color, caps and bold. It's like a the word formatting palette threw up.

SIDE A

'THE MISSION' - " SHELTER FROM THE STORM '88 "

( RECORDED LIVE @ ASTORIA THEATRE , LONDON MARCH 27 , '88 )

B/W

'THROWING MUSES' - " MANIA "

( RECORDED LIVE @ THE TOWN & COUNTRY CLUB on MAY 1 , 88 )

'PIXIES' - " HEY "

( RECORDED LIVE @ THE TOWN & COUNTRY CLUB on MAY 1 , '88 )

&

'DINOSAUR JR' - " THROW DOWN "

produced EXCLUSIVELY for the U.K. 'SOUNDS' MUSIC MAGAZINE 's

GIVEAWAY

These tracks however are incredible and will never show up anywhere, seriously this is some rare stuff. That pixies track is almost making me want to bid. I have never heard of Sounds magazine but I give them props for putting this single out.

These were NOT produced for EXPORT !

Although , some made it over here to the 'STATES

you may have noted that most ebay listings for this release

are from OVERSEAS which means the added extra cost of shipping

&

time involved until you receive what you've paid for!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

ALREADY OWN A COPY OF THIS ?

Why not UPGRADE to an UNPLAYED one ?

Why not GIVE one to a GOOD FRIEND ?

He is really selling this...the 'states' thing may be a giveaway...he has a point, but again, I don't think you could get this from overseas. Upgrade to an unplayed one? I love that there are people out there just hoarding 7"'s in climate controlled warehouses, and that an unplayed one would really just complete the collection. I don't know if we're at that point yet with the mission or the throwing muses, give it a few thousand more years.
But this really kills me:

who really APPRECIATE the ART of COLLECTING

& who like the thrill of asking

" DO YOU HAVE ONE OF THESE ? "

the Art of Collecting....it's clear we're dealing with The Christies of the 7" world, thrill in red italics gives me a thrill. Another great image of a couple of record nerds sitting around comparing collections....and then he comes to this 7". Where did you get this? Amazing.
I can't even get into the bidding restrictions, it's clear that not only do you really have to want this, but also be able to decode these instructions. That makes it even more rare.

The bidding understandably started at 9.99, and isn't going anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment