Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Silent Barn - Miss You



Just found out about this robbery/vandalism of the Silent Barn this last weekend....a damn shame.

Of course.... not to be set back for more than a day, they launched a kickstarter campaign to rebuild everything bigger and better. I love(d) this space and saw plenty of great shows there. It was always an intimate audience and I'm sure there's a lot of bands that were happy to play another show on their way through NY at a community/fan run space.
I know people are going to step up and keep this running. I'll be a little sad that, like all amazing things, it will change, so I hope you got to experience this venue while it was around because I'm sitting here thinking what if they did just decide to call it quits?
That would be a disaster for music and NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment