Monday, June 26, 2006

Sabbath seven inch Sabbath

'Who the hell put all these seven inches together in one box?, some kind of evil genius?' I asked myself one day when this came up in a search of seven inches online. This is a pretty amazing box set of pure evil: black sabbath.
When I was in middle school, I really thought ozzy and sabbath was the most evil thing in music there could be and ever was. I knew Kiss wasn't the real thing, it was a circus show, the danger wasn't real, the stage blood, the ambiguous religious iconography. But Ozzy, that seemed like a difffernet story...biting heads off puppies and devil worship. I don't know what I thought would happen, it was just a case of what I made up was worse then what was actually going on, and then when I really started listening, I realized how amazing they were. There's a couple singles that I'm not so crazy about, but it would great to be able to put these on the old record player, and it's only $30.

Luxury package that features both the original artwork and the Japanese edition artwork (front and back) of six of their best singles between 1970 and 1978.

Tracks of Disc 1: Tracks of Disc 2:
1. Evil Woman 1. Paranoid
2. Wicked World 2. The Wizard

Tracks of Disc 3: Tracks of Disc 4:
1. Tomorrow Dreams 1. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
2. Laguna Sunrise 2. Changes

Tracks of Disc 5: Tracks of Disc 6:
1. Never Say Die 1. Hard Road
2. She's Gone 2. Symptom Of The Universe

No comments:

Post a Comment