Friday, April 6, 2007

7 inch ticket? Chunklet?


I don't have any info about this other than I saw this listed at criminal records, and I think it's an awesome idea. I'm debating trying to track one down through Chunklet, who's putting on the show, but that's like buying a ticket and then not using it...(I think) I'm not sure how it's going to work out but I like it.
I keep meaning to listen to the new deerhunter album, every time I forget it's on my ipod, I wish there was a 'recently added' playlist. I probably can make one. I'm looking up the coathangers, they seem awesome...this should be a good set.

Other exciting news from yesterday: Our local bon vivant, Henry, stopped by to distract us from work (well, we're all willing participants) and to announce his next Whirlyball extravaganza featuring local heroes The! Selmanaires!, Deerhunter!, The! Carbonas!, and The! Coathangers! (FYI, all those band links go to their MySpace pages.) I asked Henry if the Coathangers were actually good or just cute, to which he replied, "Both." And Rich from Cable & Tweed agrees. Anyway, you'll soon be able to get tickets for this Whirlyball show at Casa Crim, and here's the neat part: The tickets will actually be limited edition 7" singles featuring all four bands. Quadruple-neat! Anyway, I'll let you know as soon as Henry gets 'em ready. If you want to save the date, the show will be June 1st.


No comments:

Post a Comment