Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Jennifer O'Connor • singles club


I was looking at Matador yesterday and found Jennifer O'connor has a seven inch single club that just started, it's only $25 for 5 singles and she's collaborating with all kinds of people, I honestly didn't know dump still existed as a music project, but I like the two albums I had. They always suprised me, as being even more low-fi home recording than sebadoh, no one could be more low-fi could they?
Anyway, Jennifer reminds me of like liz phair or juliana hatfield, layered vocals, stripped down production. Just her and a guitar for some tracks, you know this is a one musician show, it's pop influenced, solid songwriting...on second thought this reminds me more of kim gordon stuff, the breeders or amp.
But go listen for yourself, and get some money together.

Jennifer O'Connor writes :

"And then there is also my 7" subscription club. For $25 you can have 5 split singles that I"m putting out my label Kiam. Each one will feature me and another band collaborating on a track and one or two additional songs by us separately. They will be delivered by mail through the course of the year as they are finished. The bands involved are Choo Choo La Rouge, Dump, Hotel Lights, Jesse Sykes & the Sweet Hereafter and Mascott. If you'd like to subscribe, please send $25 through paypal to jennifer@jenniferoconnor.net"

No comments:

Post a Comment