Wednesday, September 19, 2007

i was a cub scout • our smallest adventures


I don't know how I feel about them yet, and I think it has to do with the vocals, they have this pop electronic thing with just a hint of crossed wires and sounds shorting out. I like that, I can hear the experimentation which isn't going to work all the time, but a failed experiment is better than imitation any day of the week.
I could compare them to a Besties or a Tilly and the Wall, except they balance the sincere singing your heart out with something else lyrically. I don't know why but for some reason here I get like an emo feel from the lead sometimes, and I really really hate that. It just reeks of fake and trying too hard.
Not that I think they are shooting for this target market, no one would put this together asa super group, so they are treading that line. Maybe it will just take some getting used to. Put some distortion on it and call it a day.

From IWACS:
Just a short note to tell you that the new IWACS single - Our Smallest Adventures - is out this week in all good record shops.
You can purchase it in the likes of HMV, Virgin and all your local record stores (support your independent music shop!) It'd be amazing if you could pick up a copy or ten...
7 inch: Our Smallest Adventures, Bless You
Or perhaps order the vinyl online
record store
banquet records

This is going to have to be imported.

No comments:

Post a Comment