Tuesday, May 13, 2008

jennifer oconnor + Dump

Jennifer O'Connor has an album coming out on Matador soon and she's all acoustic and serious and sad. This type of music that can be on any streetcorner just has to be impossible to get anyone to listen to these days. Matador is an impressive label to have behind you in this
I always liked Dump and the remix kind of takes these great vocals and electronics the whole thing up, hazily filtering the vocal track into outer space as all kinds of little bits of percussion slowly build and build. Really different from the low-fi Dump, I could see them going in a Tunng kind of direction, bringing some humanity into the key pressings. This could easily be up there with any postal service track with epic-ness and embarrassingly sincere dance.

Directly from Kiam records
Jennifer O'Connor & Dump
- I Was So Wrong 7" (Kiam) The A-side is a Dump (James McNew of Yo La Tengo) remix of O'Connor's "I Was So Wrong" (it's kind of like the two of them channeling Suicide). The B-side contains Dump's indie-soultastic version of "I Wanna Get Next To You," followed by O'Connor's "I'm A Racecar Driver."

I hopefully am far away from a computer by now and am trying out the scheduled publish feature in blogger. I was just going to call it a week, but instead I'm going to rock some posts out and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment