Wednesday, August 27, 2008

IMA fucking gymnist on olfactory records


I was in LA the last few weeks and was hoping to catch something at the legendary smell, but no dice...seems like everyone else must be on vacation too or something.
This release on the Smell space's label olfactory records caught my eye...of course it's a great name. There are plenty of under 2 minute clips on youtube, this one is my favorite...and that's how I suggest you check out this band...they seem to be suffering from Japanther recording syndrome unfortunately. Everything that's great about how this sounds live is sucked out of the studio recording for the single. I'd even accept casette 4-track, in this case they need it...or just record all you live shows and release a couple of songs off the boards...I don't know it seems like they are focused on their live game and it's a shame it doesn't shine through on the track off this 7", unless The single on their myspace isn't the one on the vinyl.
They should even just take the sound from the youtube clips and overdub vocals on them...the bass sounds perfect in some of these clips, just dirty as hell, and the drummer rocks...seriously great. The vocals get lost in a lot of these live clips, but that's how I hope to hear them someday.
I want the single, but really it doesn't seem like the same band.

Oh, and they lost the 'fucking' from their name....just so you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment