Friday, September 26, 2008

Blank Dogs - on 4:2:2


This sold out immediately from the source in Denmark...like 2 days. The only place I could still find it even listed was fusetron.
The number of steady releases by Blank Dogs is seriously staggering. I'm listening to Setting fire to your house, and even everything on the LP, I hear this home recorded industrial Cure sound. The guitars especially remind me of a lot of those early singles from 'Standing on a Beach'. But then it has nothing to do with any of that. It's dark, and just great song construction...weird sounds...I love the lyric quality, and then the onslought of 7 inches...I don't know why, but I'm after it all. It's exciting, and catchy and sounds completely contemporary. The bleeding egde of sound... like listening to the future.
On his blog, Mike Sniper constantly posts weirdo recordings that inspired him. I don't know where this is going or where this will end up, but all the attention is deserved and stands out completely alone and awesome.

From Fusetron:
Artist: BLANK DOGS
Title: Setting Fire To Your House b/w I Was Counting
Format: 7"
Label: 4:2:2
Country: Denmark
Price: $10.00
"The new single "Setting Fire To Your House" b/w "I Was Counting" is now available from 4:2:2 Records, a Danish label. These are limited to 500 copies with 100 on red vinyl. Unlike past releases, the a-side of this 7" will be on the 2xLP/CD "Under and Under" scheduled for release in December of this year on In The Red Records." - Blank Dogs

Podcast Episode 24 - We play Everlasting the way, a magic eye single from June of 44's Sean Meadows, Pixies demos, talk about 33 1/3 books, mix up the kim's. We play Bastro & Codeine, RTFO Bandwagon....did I mention we are probably drunk?

No comments:

Post a Comment