Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Charles Manson on Holy Terror Records


I've been looking around to see if I could find a place that had samples of these tracks to listen to, and I'm just wasting my time....I don't really care. I was going to maybe write some kind of review about the music itself but at this point I've decided it doesn't matter what he's actually doing, what instruments he's playing, what he's singing about. It doesn't matter and it never will. This is going to appeal to a subset of collectors who have to really have the singles no one else is going to get.

If I did buy it... if it was at a dollar store somewhere, I'm sure I wouldn't ever listen to it more than 4 times at the most, and just because it was so bad, or it needed to go on a Christmas mix.
I did read that having been recorded in jail there's a lot of background toilet's flushing and cell doors being buzzed open and closed....a field recording of prisons? Now that's a Smithsonian anthology I could get behind.
But really there are far more interesting things going on with this singles very existence:

1.) How did Holy Terror get these tapes?
1b) Have they been corresponding with this guy for years in hopes of this new material?
2.) When pressing singles you need to have the artist sign a release for the material or the plant won't press it (Heylin, Clinton. Bootleg! The Rise & Fall of the Secret Recording Industry.) so basically this batshit label would be better off selling that piece of paper...oh wait, that would be gross.
3.) What about payment? Is Charlie getting extra Snickers Bars or cartons of cigs thanks to you?
4.) I thought that was illegal?

First 100 on red...oh how clever.

Go get it if you must from Holy Terror Records or Weirdo Records. Best name for a distro ever.

blah blah Freedom, I'm actually still curious what the hell this sounds like. But I'm sure 750 copies will be for sale at Spencer Gifts this halloween. I might buy one.
No I wont.
Is it ok to steal these MP3's?
I say yes.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:03 PM

    As far as I know, you are not allowed to profit from your crimes. There is nothing criminal about the tasty folk crooning of Chuckie M.

    ReplyDelete