Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Camera Obscura


CAMERA OBSCURA Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken 7" $4.99
Elefant (Spain) CAMERA OBSCURA


This weekend I was ready to be heartbroken, and if I would have put this on right after belle and sebastian, that would have been it. I guess thats the nice thing about this style of adolescent music, and I mean that in the high school, I'm obsessed with this band way, is that it's not like the cure, where I literally interpreted every line having to do with just fucking ending it, which is of course perfect for that time of your life, everything sucks, and the cure or morrissey make just going to sleep and never waking up like it can have a great keyboard solo behind it. This is sad, but in that optomistic way, things are going to be ok, let's just get through this.
This subsection of feel good quiet afternoon music sound kind of starts with the softies or something for me...no wait even further back with the sundays. That's right, they are today's equivalent of the Sundays. They don't have to be challenging musically, maybe I just want to sit around the living room with the sun shining in not feeling all god dam sorry for myself.
I don't listen to them when anyone else is around. Even with headphones, it seems like the people on the train around me can hear it and I just don't want to be judged.

I can fucking like Camera Obscura if I want.....shit.

"On the 7" vinyl release of "Lloyd, I'm ready to be heartbroken", limited to 3000 copies, the exclusive B-side is "I can't stay mad at you" (a cover version of country singer Skeeter Davis): a drum-less melody with great vocal harmonies and beautiful keyboard arrangements. The band recorded the album track in Sweden with the help of producer Jari Haapalainen (Ed Harcourt, THE CONCRETES) and a great team of people with whom they've worked in the country's best studios: some of the string musicians have recently toured with Brian Wilson or Arthur Lee & LOVE."

No comments:

Post a Comment