Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Doug Martsch • MJ Serpe Split

This label/project is another story I love to hear about and am happy it's out there. According to his bio, michael john Serpe. interned at subpop, was a musician etc and just decided to start a label releasing his music and this split 7 inch with Doug Martsch. Apparently there is an offset press there as well where the packaging is printed, very nice. Now I have no idea how many of these were actually pressed or how many pressings. I have one that is nothing like the picture....it's on an almost white cardstock, plus I've seen some of them wrapped in some kind of twine? So I'm a little confused. But this is a very cool release and there is no need to pay ridiculous ebay prices, go straight here and paypal him 6$, I swear I repeatedly see this on ebay, and I hope it's Mr. Serpe selling them, then it's OK.


"Martsch, Doug/MJ Serpe Split

PS, US Doug Martsch (BUILT TO SPILL) & Michael John Serpe come together on a rare ltd ed 7" w/day & night contrast. Doug'd songs carry his light-hearted & unique pop sensiblity making for the "day" side of the 7". The 2 songs offered by Michael are definitely the "night" side of the record. These songs are brooding & wander down the path of Nick Drake or John Fahey. Only 1, 600 were pressed & come w/ a handcrafted screen printed tri-fold pull out w/ photo insert. Beautiful 7"
HomeRecordedCulture
$5.75


No comments:

Post a Comment