Monday, September 18, 2006

Metric • Monster hospital


I saw their performance on Conan O'brien again recently and it didn't make me want to run out and get it. Yes this is catchy, a fun single maybe.."I fought the war...but the war won, stop for the love of god...". It's kind of a manic, fun to say but meaningless chorus. I can't see actually having a feeling of, 'Yes, this is what I was trying to say, this band, this music expresses something I am unable to.' At least for me, nothing really resonated, granted I've only heard that one track and a few others at myspace. The live performance was uninspired, just stiff, like blondie but without even the hint of a show, aren't we past that 'I don't give a shit about the audience, I'm an artist' thing.
Reviews of the yeah yeah yeah's always talk about Karen O's sexiness etc... can't it be that she is doing something sexy and it has nothing to do with her being attractive. There's nothing that will make me stop reading a review faster than that word. I declare a ban on the word sexy in a music review.

Metric - Monster Hospital - single on Drowned in Sound.

Drowned in sound is like an english pitchfork, but apparently they are releasing this single, but couldn't find it for sale on their site.
Anyway, good luck with that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment