Friday, October 20, 2006

Clearlake new seven inch


CLEARLAKE - It's Getting Light Outside
Domino

The jury is still out on 'Cedars' for me, i don't know what to make of it, the first track starts out great, but then it's all over the place, an orchestra, I feel like the vocal quality changes as the tracks go on. I wasn't really listening but I thought I was still on random before I remembered I turned it off to give this album yet another listen. I think the comparison below is insane and makes no sense. I'm really sorry but again this is import only...I have to stop doing that, but really I'm just listing seven inches that I'm interested in, it's just too bad they tend to be unobtainable. My fault.

Still sounding like Teenage Fanclub after a course of steroids, Clearlake's latest 7" ('It's Getting Light Outside') is an indie-disco carved into a slab of vinyl - with Clearlake nicking a rhythm of the Shangri-Las and strings from Bollywood for a vitamin packed ode to friendship. Sounding like something that could have been released amid the optimism fuelled 1990's, Clearlake have successfully resurrected the spirit of Britpop without sounding like the Kaiser Chiefs... On the back you get a brand new track for your £, with 'Chemically Free' rattling along with a significant pathos and coming out the other end unscathed. Transparent!...

No comments:

Post a Comment