Thursday, November 16, 2006

Buddah machine 7 inch box

I've been fascinated with the buddah machine since I found it. It's not going to save the music industry by releasing an album, integrated into a device, almost like a little sculpture. It's more interesting that a shiny silver disk, and can't be downloaded to your ipod. Or they can come out with nano's that are band specific, like the U2 ipod, anly there's no connection to your computer, you can charge it plugged into the wall, and listen to it with headphones, thats it.
Plus, there goes my idea to release a seven inch of buddah manipulations because this guy from Monolake has released a 5x7" boxed set. I would so love
to hear this, which I can, the CD version can be found at lots of outlets like Aquarius records, but what an amazing 7 inch release. I don't understand how this can be pressed. They aren't making any money on this.
I could only find it overseas, and I was on a mission to actually get this and I wanted it, but I think I'm resigned to just hearing the CD. I actually forgot I could probably find it, I had just given up, I told the rest of the company to go on without me, forget it I'm done for.
wait...... insound carries it! Only 60 bucks.

The limited edition consists of 500 boxes containing five singles, pressed in grey vinyl, full color label print. Each box is numbered by hand. Click on images to enlarge. Some of the tracks are slightly shorter or mixed differently from the CD version in order to fit on the seven inches. We recommend experimenting with playback speed and with layering the layers....


From Boomkat:
ROBERT HENKE (MONOLAKE) - Layering Buddha (Limited 7 Imbalance 5 X 7" Box Set // £34.99 *LAST 15 COPIES - ULTRA LIMITED 7" BOX SET VERSION - ONLY 500 HAND-NUMBERED EDITIONS HAVE BEEN MADE FOR THE WORLD - HURRY!!!* Just one week on from the release of FM3's album, Hou Guan Yin, Monolake and Ableton main man Robert Henke unleashes this epic dissection of the Buddha Machine and its sonic capabilities. Over the course of an hour, Henke pitch-shifts, filters and multitracks the various loop permutations offered by the device in order to engineer a staggeringly rich and complex ambience. The key point to make about this album is that the soundworld Henke creates is vastly sophisticated, almost inexplicably far-removed from the lo-fi murmur of the Buddha Machine's loops; only the grainy, hazy resolution of the source material give him away. The state-of-the-art, high bitrate recording equipment Henke used for these pieces means that he was able to slow down and outstretch the loops to reveal previously inaudible timbral qualities. This resultant clash of hi-fi and lo-fi technologies is at times like a very modern equivalent of listening to a digital transfer of some unearthed wax cylinder or 78rpm shellac.

No comments:

Post a Comment