Monday, November 20, 2006

Dreamdate - Dance Party

I get playlists from random radio stations I like emailed every so often and I don't know why but I noticed this listing:
Dreamdate - "Dreamdate 7"" (Self-Released)
which was #2 for the entire summer at KDVS, so I looked them up the other day.
I will always have a soft place in my heart for this raw sounding, practice space, not too polished, honest rock. They really sound like they are hanging out every day after school and rocking out in a non pretentious way. I would have had such a huge crush on them if they went to my high school. I bought this immediately, it's on pink vinyl even. They can't get any cuter, I hope they don't hate anyone for that, it's meant in the best way. Go see what I mean on myspace.
This seven inch is on chocolate covered records.
They remind me of Bunnygrunt, another one of the first 7"'s I ever bought at a show I saw them play at Under Acme in NY a million years ago.

This 7" rarity has been selling like hot cakes. If only it can cook like records.
The One I Need b/w D.A.N.C.E. Party DR001
7" (pink vinyl)
$5.00 postage paid

They like Taco Bell too.

No comments:

Post a Comment