Friday, December 1, 2006

Bloc Party new album and seven inch

Bloc Party....where are we now. They put on a decent show at McCarren Park pool. It's hard to rock a huge venue like that. It must have been a couple thousand people, it was good, they played some new things from I'm guessing this album. They said had just finished recording it. I don't remember specifically it blowing me away or anything.
The songwriting on the first release was just great, amazing and I think that theory of blowing your whole life of songwriting on the first album won't really apply here, at least I hope not. That's it, I want to like them, I just don't know if I'll be over it in a month.
Now ....do you preorder this? I am hesitating, it's still sitting in my cart. It's so super limited that I almost keep clicking on checkout. I know this will be gone quick, my loss.
Here's a streaming sample from vice.
This single "The Prayer" has all kinds of sounds, maybe they went a little crazy, it's very stereoed out, there's so much going on it sounds a little like a chaotic mess. I can hear the money spent at expensive studios, it's pouring out of my tiny speakers. The sounds are great and I love messing with the usual rock drum beats and really pushing the limits on a typical rock out.
I can see teenage girls singing this into their webcams everywhere.
Good weather for airstrikes loves them, and I can see why. I'm just confused.

Be one of the first 1000 people to pre-order the new Bloc Party album, A Weekend In The City, and receive a FREE LIMITED EDITION 7". This INSOUND EXCLUSIVE vinyl features two tracks, 'I Still Remember' and an unreleased B-side, 'We Were Lovers'! Quantities are limited so order now. This won’t be repressed!

THIS ITEM IS A PRE-ORDER AND WILL SHIP ON OR NEAR THE FEBRUARY 6TH RELEASE DATE.

Bloc Party's newest collection of songs, A Weekend in the City, is a stunning, intense and brilliant follow-up to their celebrated debut, Silent Alarm. A Weekend in the City is inspired by lead singer Kele Okereke's interest in what he calls the living noise of a metropolis. On Weekend, the band captures every detail from the ebullient to the mundane of daily life in a modern city, and the quiet desolation that suffuses everything from commuting to casual sex, from going out on a Friday night to the long ride home near the early hours of the morning. These are songs desperate to understand the meaning that pulses under the moments of our every day; they're bursting with tension, paranoia, sadness, love, and an intense need for reasons as to how city life has become so displacing. Not since Radiohead's OK Computer has a British band explored the diseased state of modernity so completely..

No comments:

Post a Comment