Monday, December 11, 2006

Lovekevins - private life of a cat 7 inch


This is one of those singles that comes out from the gate and doesn't let up, it just keeps getting better and better. The snare frantic fill comes in right away and then there is this keyboard/guitar note for the first verse which just runs into the chorus which blows the previous 30 seconds away in a postal service perfect electronicy explosion. I don't know why this gets me everytime, it's just so goddam happy and optomistic, I can believe in things again. I just woke up and the sun is shining and all the work is cancelled. I must have played it 10 times, I just couldn't get enough.

Checkout the first minute or so on their myspace. Thats's all they give you, but it's enough. I didn't even make it to their next song. This is available from the label 'Songs I wish I wrote' and that's a great name. But even better, this label from sweden will send you this seven inch for just $4! We'll see if that's true, I paypaled them and they said shipping was included, but that doesn't seem possible.

Here's the whole song...download it.

The Lks have had a little nap, taking the time to swim, travel, draw, read, build things, laugh, argue, spend money, cry, break up and make new friends. Somewhere along the way we also found ourselves making music again and recorded an album. This is the first single. It's called "Private Life of a Cat". The B-side is called "Never Mind Your Idols", but that's for vinyl-people only. We cleaned up a bit and threw out all of the old songs except "Blame the English", because that was the very first lk track, but mostly because some of our friends in Spain threatened to shave and tattoo their cat to look like a dalmatian if we didn't leave it. It might have been a joke, but we're not taking any chances. We are catpeople.

No comments:

Post a Comment