Thursday, February 15, 2007

Peter bjorn and john - calling it off


'Let's Call It Off (single mix)' / '(I Just Wanna) See Through'

Is Drew Barrymore wearing your shirt on saturday night live anyway to start off as a band? Can anyone decide they like something before it's decided for them?...I'm sure the label loved it, but honestly I think other people won't listen to them, they have been tainted by marketing hype. They want to please the people that put up the money, that are standing behind the music...and I guess you can't stop someone from wearing a shirt, but really this can hurt as much a s it helps.

I won't hold it against them... when I listen to 'young folks' that is my jam. That whistling will get caught right in your head. This sounds like where I wish Belle and Sebastien went, they lost me after tigermilk...I couldn't take more and more. These guys seem to have that sensibility, but there's something a little held back, or thought out, it's not quite as raw, which can be difficult to get into sometimes. It was a good valentine's night listen.
Peter bjorn and john-Lets call it off-The stars of the summer follow up their smash hit young folks with the equally infectious lets call it off, the second single to be taken from the album writers block, b side features i just wanna see through, november 2006-7"-Wichita
The single is from wichita, which is overseas....I would love to get this though.

No comments:

Post a Comment