Monday, March 26, 2007

Low new album 7"


I don't know low. I haven't spent too much time with them, I would occasionally run into reviews mentioning them. They are very vocals heavy and sound a little standard on 'the great destroyer', but on drums and guns there are some new sounds, like with 'breaker' from their myspace page. This is headed in more experimental directions. I should give a couple of these a chance, they seem like they are flying under the radar for whatever reason. Then 'just like christmas' could be a long lost ben gibbard track. Wow, I might need some guidance, just where to start with them.
The track 'when I go deaf' is kicking some serious sonic ass, if you wait for it, it creeps up on you and I'm getting a Dead Man Neil young guitar feel which I really love sometimes. I have to get that soundtrack....just Neil young sitting in a room watching the movie playing some epic cowboy distortion. Explosions could learn something.

Low - Drums And Guns CD/LP (Sub Pop) Dramatic eighth album features new elements (looped vocals, drum machines -- photographs of guns…), yet continues to possess the unique, subtle beauty and power which makes their music so strikingly passionate. Vinyl includes a coupon for a free MP3 download of the entire album. Both versions include a rare and unique bonus 7" featuring "Breaker (Dub Plate)" b/w "Hatchet (Optimimi Version)" -- while supplies last.

Plus there is this seven inch from their site (maybe this is the bonus 7"?):

No comments:

Post a Comment