Friday, March 23, 2007

modest mouse - King Rat


I hate to be like this but I can feel myself doing it already...they are starting to annoy me. I guess all this crap accumulates, the stupid mailings from their label, the album attitude. It sounds stupid when I try to spell it out. I can't explain it, there's just a feeling they crossed this line. They aren't the same band that released, the lonesome crowded west. I don't hate it when my friends become successful, I hate it when they become successful and act like the people I hate because they became successful. You can say 'oh but you don't even know them.' It doesn't fucking matter, I know how they have come to be perceived.
I saw promise ring once and when I got home I almost threw the CD out. They were trying so hard to be the next big thing, it pissed me off.
Then modest mouse at tramps even for their second album, there was a lot of posturing going on, things didn't feel entirely authentic. The long jam, where isaac was just doing some spoken word thing, that even at the time I thought, 'who is buying this shit?'. They just didn't seem humble or real.
Ok so I'll probably get this eventually, there's a couple of assholes trying to sell this free 7" on ebay for $15. Sorry guys but I'm sure there will be 1000 of these floating around soon. You can get it free with purchase of the album....they are everywhere....like here.

Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank CD/Limited CD/2xLP (Epic)
Long-awaited follow-up to 2004's Good News For People Who Love Bad News features recently-acquired guitarist Johnny Marr of The Smiths! The limited edition includes a deluxe booklet in a special slipcase. CDs in stock now, indie-only 2xLP gatefold vinyl delayed for a week-or-two -- call and reserve your copy now. All versions, while supplies last, come with an indie-only "King Rat" 7" 45.

No comments:

Post a Comment