Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Cribs - moving pictures

Mirror Kissers is a fucking excellent song by the Cribs that totally took me by suprise. But let me go back for a second... I saw a contest wichita was having, send them a joke or something, so I sent the old tried and true...'why are indie rockers bad lovers? Because they're always looking for seven inches they don't have.' and I guess I won because they emailed me back for my address. Then a huge package of a million 7"'s came in the mail...fedex no less!

So I just went through most of them this weekend and there were 3 cribs 7"'s in there, all splattered red and white vinyl, but the mirror kissers was really dirty sounding, and garage-y, it sounded perfect coming out of my tiny record speaker and could have been a jem from 10, 20 years ago. I also thought about the strokes, if they had no hype when I heard them. Anyway, it had me singing along in no time.

The B-side was some weird slow sing along...a little disappointing after such a great A-side. It's on their myspace. I keep listening to it, I don't know if much else is like this, but it could be playing on every car stereo driving around the state park.

Apparently they have a new one coming out in one of those 3 formats for 3 pounds deals...

Thanks again wichita. There was a lot of great stuff in there, and now I know the cribs.

Moving Pictures - Pre-order The New Single Now 30th July sees the release of the new single from The Cribs, "Moving Pictures", taken from their highly acclaimed third album, "Men's Needs, Women's Needs, Whatever". Formats and tracklistings are as follows: 7" #1 A1: Moving Pictures B1: Men's Needs (CSS Remix) 7" #2 - White Vinyl A1: Moving Pictures (Live At the London Astoria, 29th May 2007) B1: Another Number (Live At the London Astoria, 29th May 2007) CD 01. Moving Pictures 02. Get Yr Hands Out Of My Grave 03. Run A Mile (Early 2002 Demo) You can buy all of these formats for the bargain price of just £3.00 by pre-ordering them from the good folks at recordstore.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment