Friday, August 3, 2007

future of the left - Adeadenemyalwayssmellsgood


This really does sound like a weird shellac inspired futureheads, or devo....hmmm maybe it's just one song I heard. Done with distorted vocals, it's not easy music. It can be minimal, just guitar and bass, changing throughout like math rocky influenced (when will I stop using that term). I haven't heard of their previous projects, but I'm going to check those out as well. This is a genre I keep exploring every side project and breakup and reformation of bands.
From their myspace, I really liked the be your own leash track.
They can get together with Be your own pet.

Future of the left-Adeadenemyalwayssmellsgood-The second single from future of the left on the too pure label, these guys were formed from the ashes of the vastly underated mcclusky and jarcrew, the familiar chunky bass sounds of mcclusky are in evidence here with the track sounding like some strange meeting of shellac and the beastie boys, its grunge rock with the clever song structure of the math rock sound, also features march of the coupon saints on the flip side, june 2007-7"-Too pure

Or Boomkat of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment