Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Kindercore is back!


To be honest I don't really know what kind of crazy legal shit was going on with this label for the last 3 or 4 years, or weird financial things I have read or that the founders who were fighting over rights to the back catalog. There's rumors all over the interweb.
Well they are back.
There's nothing for sale yet, I can only dream the 7"'s from the series are in a dusty old box.
All I know is I have a few of the Kindercore releases from their singles club, and that has to be the earliest singles club I remember hearing about. I used to imagine I had heard about it and send them some money and a new record would come in the mail. They, like subpop, defined a genre of sound. They had lazer focus on bands that had a certain quality. Of Montreal, Kittycraft, japancakes...these were all kindercore.
It's such a bad ass name.
It's too bad the label and the club ended without fufilling the rest of it's 7 inches to subscribers. They should get together and demand the rest of the releases that were supposed to be part of the series.
We want our 7"'s!
I will protest on the sidewalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment