Tuesday, October 30, 2007

O'Death - Low Tide


O'Death is like Tom Waits minus the years of smoking, and with a higher proof of country. These youngsters met at Suny Purchase and have been jamming out their particular brand of downhome bluegrass, demented square dance, since. Not something you would expect to see on a Friday night in Williamsburg, but then again, that's why they are great. They occupy this idiosyncratic place and I've been giving them a chance lately. I think you have to be ready for this a little. If you aren't in the mood for something completely different, then just wait.

So it came last night and I didn't get a chance to listen to it, but inside was a code for a download of the vinyl, plus a cover of Nimrod's Son! Can't wait to hear it, I bet it translates perfectly into their washboard ensemble.
I immediately have to give a band props that relies on the real sounds of instruments, it's a nice change from the electronic distortion attack mindfucks I have been attached to lately.


Low Tide b/w I Think I'm Fine (EJRC035)
O'Death heading to Europe for a month in October/November. O’Death’s Head Home is also now available on LP! We have this in VERY limited numbers – initial pressing was only 500 copies – so grab one while you can. The Low Tide b/w I Think I’m Fine 7” is at the plant right now, and should be available in October – it features 2 O’Death originals as well as a coupon for downloads of both songs and a cover of The Pixies “Nimrods Son”. It’s an EJRC exclusive and it is phenomenal. If you haven’t seen it yet, the band has also released an amazing video for “Down To Rest” directed by Jonathan Phelps. Check it out right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment