Monday, November 19, 2007

New Young Pony Club • Get lucky


Why do I think this is the Neil Young Pony Club. Every time I read it, that's all I think, is there another band with that name? I'm lazy and google searching is too much work. Anyway, I'm sure they would have to change it anyway? I mean did they get a cease and desist letter?
This is really like !!!, or the rapture or the other bands they mention below. I wish they would go in one direction or the other, this half dance, electronic catchy stuff seems to be solidly filled by daft punk etc. They seem to be doing a good job at it, it's competent, but they aren't making it easy on themselves. I mean I liked !!!, for a little bit, but I haven't heard that much from them recently to follow up that one great track.
Anyway, I'm not a hater, if you want some half dance, kind of like blondie with fab 5 freddie or something, the modern version of that.

Norman records has everything always.

New young pony club-Get lucky [part one]-A real funky little indie pop gem on the modular label, features get lucky and exclusive b side really literal on the flip side, like a slightly poppier esg meets lcd soundstyem meets the rapture and css, an infectiously catchy piece of indie punk funk, november 2007-7"-Modular

New young pony club-Get lucky [part two]-A real funky little indie pop gem on the noize label, features get lucky and an outlines remix on the flip side, like a slightly poppier esg meets lcd soundsystem meets the rapture and css, an infectiously catchy piece of indie punk funk, november 2007-7"-Modular

No comments:

Post a Comment