Friday, January 4, 2008

White Stripes - CONQUEST 3x7

Is it getting to the point where the White Stripes are just going to see how far they can take this seven inch thing? It's getting a little ridiculous. I mean, they are already outdoing Interpol with their entire album in a 7" box set. They are up to nine just from Icky Thump. I've pretty much given up on attempting to get all these, although it helps they can be easily ordered from insound but I'm sure this will all be released one day on an outtakes album.

Icky Thump is really an amazing accomplishment for their sound and worthy of all of these seven inches definitely. It covers so much varied ground, but stays true to their sound... they can still make something amazing from just guitar and drums.
Conquest wasn't my favorite track, it's a great example of an Ennio wild west through the White Stripes...I tend to skip it, it's just too overwhelming.
If I had to get one...I'd go with the red vinyl one....2 new tracks and on red....nice.

WHITE STRIPES - CONQUEST-A Black vinyl.
1. Conquest / 2. It's My Fault For Being Famous
WHITE STRIPES - CONQUEST-B White vinyl.
1. Conquest / 2. Honey, We Can't Afford To Look This Cheap
WHITE STRIPES - CONQUEST-C Red vinyl.
1. Conquest [Acoustic Mariachi Version] / 2. Cash Grab Complications On The Matter

All from insound.

No comments:

Post a Comment