Wednesday, February 13, 2008

CFTPA - picture disc


This was in an email from CFTPA a while ago, and I remember seeing the xiu xiu one that was out now that I see this one, it was a picture disk by the same photographer. Randomly I walked home from the train the other night instead of riding my bike because it was raining balls and soundfix had it....3 copies! So that leaves 497 left out there...or well 2 left at soundfix, because you better believe I picked this one up, and an Earth LP. I kept hearing about those guys kind of being ahead of their time in the instrumental rock pelican genre, so I had to investigate.
Plus I want to make sure they keep getting good 7"'s, so I vote with my bucks.
Haven't heard it yet, but at this point it's all been great.

Tonight in chelsea Jason Ajemian is performing Sabbath's 'Into the Void' backwards, live, with orchestral accompanyment.

Can't wait...I'll try to post something tomorrow.

From Owen's blog:

....This show will also be the record release party for a new Casiotone for the Painfully Alone picture disc 7" from Aagoo Records. This vinyl only release will feature two exclusive tracks with guest vocals by two of my favorite singers and photography by David Horvitz.
Here is the track listing:

1. "Old Panda Days" sung by Nick Krgovich of No Kids & To Bad Catholics
2. "Lesley Gore on the TAMI Show (version)" sung by Jenny Herbinson

This release won't be available in shops or through mail order until early 2008, and I will only have a limited number available at the show. Only one copy per customer will be sold, so come down early and pick up your copy!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:40 PM

    http://davidhorvitz.com/casio.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:40 PM

    http://davidhorvitz.com/casio.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:43 AM

    a few copies left here!

    ReplyDelete