Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tokyo Police Club - Saddle Creek

This might end up being a guilty pleasure, something you can't help but like. This track on their myspace is borderline embarassing to be listening to at my age..it almost makes me cringe a little. Does it sound like he's trying too hard, or that it's so produced into sameness. It sounds really way too ready for a mainstream audience, or maybe it's the affected english accented vocals...they started out so good....don't get me wrong this is really catchy and I'm sure will do well, but I really don't think it's even the same band as the one that released the EP single thing.
I have to say if I had a bunch of their previous seven inches.....they would be going to a better home.

Both tracks are available on their myspace.

From Saddle Creek
Also available now is a limited edition 7" for "Tessellate." The 7" features the single and the Tom Campesinos! Remix and is available on at shows and the online store.

No comments:

Post a Comment