Monday, December 29, 2008

cold cave from hospital productions


I have been hearing a lot about Cold Cave and I probably overlooked this single from Hospital Productions because I wasn't expecting this synth direction from the Hospital at all. It didn't exactly fit with the sort of thing I've investigated from this label in the past. I know Cold Cave has a 12" out as well which I haven't been able to track down...it's probably gone because this Cold Cave business is occupying that space between blank dogs and SIDS. Anotherwords it's more great messed up electronics. It's more distorted than Blank Dogs and darker/moodier than SIDS.
Not to be confused with the other CC, Crystal Castles.

I think I had it with Crystal Castles after a few weeks anyway, but seeing them live really blew it. More because of the crowd. I really felt like I was surrounded by a bunch of douchebags.


Here's hoping Cold Cave will scare the pussies away.


From Hospital Productions
:
COLD CAVE - painted nails - 7"
i have seen the future, and it's no place for me. this is a special record for hospital. although we have always shared a certain love for trance, power noise, synth pop, and 80's industrial music it is the first time we directly venture into this controversial and rhythmic world. cold cave presents 3 tracks of authentically morose epic anthems with the texture of a shattered champagne glass. imagine a highly damaged downward spiral era demo hitting the raw nerve to heart where all breaths freeze in rapture and all feelings croak in the blood of the beat- less heart.
to order: http://www.hospitalproductions.com

Some left at
fusetron...(actually, they ran out before I could post this....literally like a few hours ago....sorry)..go get that triple split I posted about before. I know I did these out of order.
I'm a blogger, not a journalist!

1 comment:

  1. Yah, that 12" seems hopelessly out of print. I tried all of the distros that DAIS linked to and they were all sold out. Did manage to cop the 7" from Fusetron a few days ago...

    Sorry 'bout that, folks.

    Awesome blog.

    Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete