Tuesday, November 27, 2012

J Dilla - Donuts boxed set on Stones Throw Records


I watched that Tribe Called Quest doc the other day, Beats Rhymes & Life and it's a really great film about those guys, who I guess I didn't take that seriously looking back on that time period. I liked the Low End Theory a lot and even got into Q-tip a little while later, but that film made me rethink those guys in a whole new way. I had to go on ebay in the middle of it to bid on a few records. They had some disagreements, but really seem like nice guys. They even mention J Dilla, then I got this email about this box set of his stuff? Completely inspiring, I love that Stones Throw goes to these lengths for packaging along with the impressive mark they are making on all of underground hip hop. Not that I have any idea about what I'm talking about.
But go listen to those samples on their order page...it's an education.



No comments:

Post a Comment