Friday, January 5, 2007

holly golightly xmas picture disc

Shit. Of course there was no way I was going to get tickets for Arcade Fire in that church. I had to try. Whoever did, that's going to be amazing. I think they were gone in 5 minutes.

This picture disc looks pretty great, I mean it's beautiful. I tried to listen to holly at her website but they only have a five second samples. It sounds very country, rockabilly style or something. I don't know who's into this. She seems to be outside on that edge of not indie rock. I guess she was in the headcoatees, and is friends with the white stripes and contributed to that duet 'It's true that we love one another.'

HOLLY GOLIGHTLY "Christmas Tree's On Fire"
Damaged Goods - PICTURE DISC 7" $6.75
Another year and another Damaged Goods Christmas single...and this year is a real cracker! MISS HOLLY GOLIGHTLY is back with a brand new Christmas single for 2006. "Christmas Tree's On Fire" was written by the legendary Tom Heinl, who has supported Holly on a few of her recent American and European tours. This track was recorded at Holly's barn deep in the heart of Kent as well as the B-side, "Hear My Heart, Here," another cover that was originally recorded by the Staple Singers. Imported from the UK.
It's at good ol' midheaven mailorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment