Monday, July 14, 2008

No Age - Liars Tour Split


Originally I was going to mention the Abe Vigoda repress from PPM because I liked it a lot, I know they are a little bit of a mess live, according to my friend who saw them open for No Age at South Street Seaport....their live reinterpretation of their new full length (on PPM By the way) didn't translate live.
Apparently they went on with Telepathe sometime between 7 and 8....No Age didn't start until 8:45? Weird and annoying. I love seeing shows outside in the summer, especially free. It kind of works out nice to see Seaport shows Friday and then Sunday shows at Mccareen Pool. The seaport isn't that crowded and if you want to have shit Uno's pizza you could sit way up on this balcony....so I'm all for this space, but the show was over by 9:15 and no encore no nothing....I'm sure they have some kind of agreement with the space to be over by dark or something.
The sound can be shitty there too, I understand they are working in a really bad space, but they should have been doing this enough by now to figure it out.
No Age was still suffering from trying to make that jump to playing huge venues. They were fumbling a little working the crowd and the sound was shit. Not that have to have perfect sound or anything, it might even work for them to play with the differences in sound quality, or the sound guy was trying to overcompensate for the intended mess.

But I digress...this tour 7" was at PPM.... I overlooked it somehow, so I thought I'd throw it out there as I didn't see it mentioned anywhere...No Age and Liars split, kind of like when Jack Black makes fun of John Cusack for slipping in a new band with some classics in his mix tape. This 7" is like passing the torch to the new guard. We like you, you are bad ass, join the club...and it's on PPM so the Liars get back in touch with their underground side.
I wish I could find out if these are album tracks or completely unique to the 7". A crazy split that I didn't know existed....can't wait to hear this one.




8$ post paid from Post Present Medium records
PPM12 - NO AGE / LIARS SPLIT 7" 1ST PRESSING OF 1200. 1ST 200 WITH TOUR COVERS FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL CITY. 1000 WITH HAND LETTER-PRESSED COVERS. INK COLOR ON COVER AND VINYL IS DIFFERENT ON EACH RECORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment